Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Living in the moment for just a moment.

Avoiding the work. That's me today. Avoiding the inevitable. That's been me all my life. It's time to break into something and someone completely different. It's time to quit worrying about the past, and stressing about the future, and just enjoy the present.  They say it's called the present because it is a gift. They couldn't be more right. If I were to sit and enjoy this moment right this second, I would take a look around me, see people's faces, hidden behind their masks of computers and shoving hot coffee down their throats at this Starbucks, and I would feel most comfortable. I would enjoy this song off The Bends, and sing along with it. I would enjoy the overwhelming smell of roasting coffee. I would see the sunshine bouncing off the streets outside, and feel the cold blast of air that is hitting my right arm right now. I would not retreat into my mind like I normally would be doing. I would be looking at my phone and reading the text that just came through from who knows who. It was Joe. He was replying to my text about his sucky LinkedIn page. Everything is ok. Life rolls on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy to comment. It's our struggles that unite us.

Vital records

Vital records