Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I did something I regret.

I sent a private facebook message to my birth aunt, who is on FB. OMG. What was I thinking.

The message was this: Do I look familiar to you?

It was totally unscrupulous. It was impulsive, thoughtless, and any other word out in the English Webster's Dictionary that means having NOT THINKING.

I cannot believe I did that. It goes against everything I believe in, against what I know to be true in adoption reunions. I do not know what I was thinking. I guess I was feeling self absorbed and rediculous. Maybe I just wanted it to end- the writing, the questioning, maybe I wanted closure.
Three days and no response. She is in her sixties. She might not ever get on Facebook. Who knows.
I think she is a realtor. What realtor doesn't have a smart phone? This is a fuck up that even a freezing cold Yuengling and pizza can't fix.
And now, I'm off to a neighborhood HOA meeting unable to concentrate. I need to be able to use my voice there. Good job Brooke. You have done it again- officially made yourself crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be shy to comment. It's our struggles that unite us.

Vital records

Vital records